Children, did you hear? There is a surplus of delicious Del Monte spinach! That’s right! You don’t have to cut back on your favorite spinach recipes: spinach dip, spinach burgers, creamed spinach, and the blue ribbon winner –spinach brownies. I know that your parents control the purse strings, kids, so here’s a brief list of spinach’s health benefits:
1. 1 cup of spinach= 20% of the RDA of dietary fiber. Old people like your parents really need this to help them digest, avoid constipation, maintain low blood sugar, and curb overeating.
2. Spinach is so cool that it scares away all kinds of cancer.
3. There are two types of natural anti-inflammatory “epoxyxanthophylls” (things) in spinach.
4. Vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium are found in spinach. They help prevent osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
5. Spinach lowers blood pressure. That is until you have to argue with your parents to make them eat it.
6. You won’t gain night vision, but you can help yourself avoid macular degeneration and cataracts.
7. You thought the dietary fiber from #1 was great, but spinach contains 337% of the RDA of vitamin A.
8. The extra vitamin A fights psoriasis, keratinization, acne and even wrinkles. Don’t eat spinach and you’ll look like a shar pei.
9. Here’s a big number — one cup of boiled spinach provides over 1,000% of the RDA of vitamin K which strengthens bones.
10. Vitamin K doesn’t let bad calcification form, so you will be more likely to avoid strokes and cardiovascular disease.
11. Vitamin K also protects your nerves by adding a good fat around their sheaths.
Kids, it falls to you to teach your parents about spinach’s rock stardom. They are too lame to see the truth. And if their health doesn’t get them headed towards the car, put a zing in their step by explaining to them that this produce will be available at the wholesale price. That’s right — the highest quality spinach you love at a liquidated cost, all thanks to Lakeside Food Sales.